Sunday, March 29, 2009

New Chandler Scoop!

A few weeks ago I got an email from Loren Latker that invited me to visit his web site Shamus Town: Raymond Chandler's Los Angeles. I was in the middle of a rather hectic March, and the email languished in my inbox for much too long before I actually had time to go give the site a proper visit.

Wow! I shouldn't have been so slow. The site not only has hundreds of fantastic old photos of Los Angeles from Chandler's era but also publishes several new key pieces of information about Chandler's early biography. This is particularly exciting for me because I've not seen anything new information about Chandler's early life (pre-1938) in almost a decade. I won't spoil the surprise here, but checkout the timeline at Shamus Town and look for the "NEW" designation on the entries:

http://homepage.mac.com/llatker/timeline.html

This is some good stuff. Let's hope Mr. Latker finishes his current side project of repairing panoramic cameras so he can get back to digging on Chandler!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a treat to see those pictures. Thank you!